NEW DELHI: National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the application form of NEET 2019 on November 1 in online mode. The aspirants of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) must have started applying for it. However, candidates before applying for the national level medical entrance examination must go through the eligibility criteria prescribed by the authorities.
Though there are not much changes in the NEET 2019 eligibility criteria, still candidates are suggested to refer the criteria prescribe by NTA.
- NEET 2019: NTA Issues Instructions for Exam Day
- NEET UG 2019 cancelled in Odisha; New date to be announced by NTA soon
Age Criteria- Do you fall under this age group?
To apply for NEET 2019, candidates must have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before December 31 of the year of admission. The upper age limit for the entrance exam for UG is 25 years as on the date of examination.
Age Limit for Reserved Category: For SC/ST/OBC category and persons entitled for reservation have the relaxation of 5 years.
Candidates should have 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as core subject in both Classes 11 and 12 from a recognized board.
Qualifying Marks Required
- For unreserved Category– candidates must score a minimum required percentage of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology in their Class 12 or HSC examination.
- For reserved Category– Candidates should score a minimum of 40% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology in aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- For persons with loco-motor disability of lower limbs– candidates should have a minimum of 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH are required in aggregate across Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology
- Candidate must have passed in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually in the qualifying examination.
Number of Attempts You Have
In 2018, the number of attempts cap was removed. So, candidates can now appear for the entrance exam as many times as they wish to, however, they need to fulfil the above-mentioned criteria.
Eligibility Criteria for NRI/Foreign Candidates
Students who have pass Class 12 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English are eligible. The last examination passed by such candidates must be equivalent to Class 12 qualification from other countries. Candidates should have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology including practical test in each of these subjects and English in the qualifying examination.
So, if you fulfill the above-mentioned criteria, do apply for NEET 2019, a national level entrance examination for the admissions to various medical, AYUSH, and dental courses offered by Universities and colleges in India.