NEW DELHI: The National Institute of Fashion Technology or NIFT has begun the online application process of its 2019 entrance exam today, i.e. October 20-29, 2018. Those who want to take the entrance exam can do so by visiting the official website of NIFFT-nift.ac.in.
NIFT 2019 entrance exam is scheduled to be conducted on January, 2019. While the admit cards will be available for download online by the first week of January 2019.
NIFT 2019 Important Dates
|Online Registration/ Application||October 20-29, 2018 (Tentative)|
|Release of Admit Card||First week of January 2019|
|NIFT 2019 Entrance Exam Date||January – 2019|
|Declaration of Result||Last week of March 2019|
NIFT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Only, those who fit the eligibility criteria provided by the NIFT will be able allowed admission in the courses offered by the institute. The eligibility criterion states the following conditions.
- Age- Candidate must be 23 years old as on October 20-29, 2018
- Education: For B.Des and B.FTech- Must have cleared class 12 from a recognized state board in Non-Medical subjects- Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
- NOS (National Open School) class 12 students with minimum 5 subjects along with the aforementioned can apply.
- Students with diploma in engineering of three or years from a recognized state board can apply.
- Student from any other public, foreign or international institute recognized by the AIU (Association of Indian Universities) can apply.
NIFT 2019 Online Application
The application form of NIFT entrance exam will be filled and submitted online only. Students will also be required to upload scanned copies of required documents. The application process is explained in the below given points.
- Online Registration- Students will be required to provide an email and a phone number.
- Filling the application form- Logging in using the registration number and passwords created during registration and filling the application form.
- Exam Fee Payment: The entrance exam fee for NIFT 2019 is Rs. 1500/- for general and OBC category, and Rs. 750 for SC and ST category. Payment of fee can be done through credit/debit card, or net banking.
- Uploading Documents- Scanned photos of the candidate and his signature, and scanned copies of caste certificate for reserved categories.
The entrance exam is conducted for students seeking admission to Bachelor in Design and Bachelors in Fashion technology at NIFT. The institute has a total of 16 campuses in all major cities in India. The institution also offers Masters in both Design and Fashion Technology as well.