NEW DELHI- The stage 1 of the National Talent Search Examination or NTSE 2019 is scheduled to be held on November 04 for all states/ UT’s across India except for Mizoram, Nagaland, Meghalaya and Andaman & Nicobar where exam will be held on November 03, 2018.
Stage 1 of NTSE is conducted by SCERT’s (State Council of Educational Research and Training), or any other designated educational board under NCERT’s supervision. Students are advised to download their admit cards from the official website of the conducting bodies from their state. Find the state wise conducting body list of NTSE stage 1 here- NTSE State-Wise Conducting Body List.
NTSE 2019 Stage 1 Important Dates
|Release of Admit Card||At least 14 days before the exam date.|
|NTSE 2019 Stage 1 Exam Date||November 03 and 04 of 2018|
|Release of NTSE Stage 1 Answer Key||Last week of November 2018|
|Declaration of Stage 1 Result||Last week of January 2019|
|NTSE Stage 2 Exam||May 12, 2019|
NTSE 2019 Stage 1 Exam Pattern
The examination pattern of stage 1 exam for NTSE 2019 is explained in the points below. Students are advised to go through them and later refer to some previous year’s question paper for further clarity.
- The exam paper of stage 1 will be divided into two tests, MAT (Mental Ability Test), and SAT (Scholastic Ability Test).
- MAT is conducted to test the problem solving, and logical reasoning of the candidate.
- SAT is conducted to test the scholarly learning of the students with the academic curriculum of his/her school.
- Each test paper carries 100 questions each, making it a total of 200 questions to be attempted in the exam.
- The questions will be in mut Each of these 200 question carry 1 mark, and the maximum marks in the exam is 200.
- There will no negative marking in the exam.
Those who qualify the stage 1 of NTSE 2019 will be taking the second/ final stage of NTSE on May 12, 2019. And, those who qualify both the stages of the talent search will be eligible to avail the merit-based scholarship from the following academic year.